Saturday, March 30, 2013

My Baby Sister

Today, is this awesome girl's birthday! As long as I can remember, I wanted a sister. Finally, when I was 10 years old (2 weeks shy of 11) I got one! I remember going to the hospital and holding her for the first time. I remember babysitting her, terrorizing her and loving her more than anybody else as I grew up. I taught her how to hop up and down on one foot. I went to her school carnival days. I considered her a best friend- despite the age difference.

One of the hardest parts of living away from home is missing this girl grow up. Never in my life have I felt so distant from her and it truly breaks my heart if I allow myself to sit around and think about it.

She is one of the funniest people you will ever meet. She makes everybody smile and is genuinely nice to everybody as well. People love to be around her! She sings constantly, making up her own songs about whatever she is doing at the moment. She is not very good at hiding things, especially her money, which I sometimes took on occasion when I needed a few extra bucks. She is obsessed with her hair, which is gorgeous by the way, and I don't think she realizes how beautiful she is.

Dear Ali, I love you so much and I am so proud of the person you have become. Never change for somebody else and anybody who doesn't appreciate you for who you are is absolutely crazy. 


No comments:

Post a Comment