Thursday, August 22, 2013

Salad Week: Chicken Cobb Salad

I know this is coming in a little bit late today, but that is only because instead of eating salad for lunch I had a big ol' slice of pizza. It was delicious!

However, I then made this salad for dinner....


I'm so in love... I want to eat this all over again.... maybe for breakfast tomorrow. Too soon? 


Oh. My. Gosh. It was amazing. I am not one to normally toot my own horn and I can't really because this salad came from a cookbook... but I seriously felt like I was eating dessert while I was wolfing it down taking small lady like bites...slowly.

This salad could be classified as a fancy salad or an entertaining salad. It is super simple (which I love), but it is delicious and looks awesome when you take the time to put it on a platter like the recipe suggests.

We've made this salad before and used a salsa dressing. It was good. Tonight, I used Newman's Own Lite Lime dressing and it took it to a whole new level. My friend Stella got in on the action the other day mentioned that Peruvians love to put lime on their salads. It was ironic because that day I had just bought this dressing

boom. 


thinking I might enjoy it because I love all things lime. Peruvians have it going on because lime on salad in the best idea I have heard all month.

Here we go.

Chicken Cobb Salad W/ Lite Lime Vinaigrette 
(aka dessert guacamole yum yum yum) 

Ingredients: 
Romaine lettuce  
Tomato 
Avocado 
Chicken strips (seasoned to taste) 
Bacon 
Bleu cheese (optional... Kris used this, but I did not) 
Lite Lime dressing (Kris used Thousand Island... poor Kris) 
Onion (Didn't put on this time, but wished I would have after I finished it.) 

Directions: 
1. Wash and dry lettuce, place in bowls or on platter
2. Thaw chicken and cut into strips. Place in skillet on stove and season with salt and pepper. 
3. Slice tomato, avocado and onion 
4. Fry strips of bacon on stove
5. Add bacon, chicken, tomato, avocado, onion and bleu cheese to bowl. 
6. Lightly douse with Lite Lime dressing
7. ENJOY! 

I'd like to welcome Stella and my Moodle (mom) to the table today as well. They have both shared salad ideas so we are now up to four extras getting in on the action! That's awesome! Don't forget that you can still participate in salad week. Have a great salad idea? Share it! One day left! As my sister-in-law Cass pointed out on her blog... I never realized how easy it was to eat a salad every day. Doing this challenge has helped me see that this can definitely become a new healthy habit...especially when everybody is sharing recipes. 

Don't forget to check in with Cass and Tracey tonight and see what they cooked up! 





No comments:

Post a Comment