Monday, April 1, 2013

You Have To Meet My Children...

It's about time I did a cat post. If you follow me on FB or on Instagram you get a lot of this, but I don't care. I love my cats and I am proud of it. Seriously, go look under my "About Me" tab "CAT ENTHUSIAST" That's me! Boom. Cat + me = love.

Now I'm going to stop you before you start thinking I'm a crazy cat lady. I'm not. You might think that from the above paragraph or from my "yoga cat" calendar or the picture of a cat at the spa as my desktop background, but you're wrong. I'm totally normal. Those things were given to me. Okay? So are we clear? No? Okay. 

Here are my children. 


Mr. Chuckles "Boo Bear" Moses Shepherd 


 Super Nova "Novi or Squish" Jane-Marie Shepherd 

These two cats seriously brighten my day, every day. They are so much fun to be around. Uh oh, here I go talking about them as if they were human again. Nova is our rambunctious child. She is brave, curious and willing to try anything multiple times. This often results in her getting in trouble, a lot, but she doesn't care. Tomorrow is a new day and in her mind, something must get destroyed. Usually that comes in the form of toilet paper, shoes, or well anything or everything. It's a good thing she is beautiful and cuddly or she may have found herself in a new home a long time ago. Nova's best feature is that she is very very bright and has caught on to potty training very quickly. Since she decided to stop peeing on our bed, she has had zero accidents and actually loves using the toilet. Go Nova! 

Chuckles is our calm and cautious child. He is so laid back it's incredible. He lets Nova chase him, jump on him, bite his legs. He barely makes a peep when you clip his nails or brush him. He always wants to be where the people are, actually they both do. He is very deceiving because his fluffy coat screams "Pet me! Pet me! Hold me! LOVE ME!" and his personality is the complete opposite. He is your buddy, not your baby. Don't touch that fluffy coat or he will flip his tail and walk out on you. He does not like to be held unless it is on his terms. His worst feature is that he is as stubborn as a mule and this is mainly a problem when it comes to potty training. He refuses to poop in the toilet. He jumps up on the toilet to go pee. He understands the entire concept, but he refuses to do it. He can hold it an incredibly long time and as soon as you get in the shower BOOM he poops on the floor. This usually results in daily screaming, "Bad Chuckles, Bad Chuckles." Not that he cares. He's just proud that he outsmarted you once again. 

So, in case you haven't had your fill of my cats. Here are some more pictures to help you understand how awesome and cute they are. 


Participating in their favorite past-time. #Snack #Tuna juice #Tuna flavored water #Stop using hash tags 
They can seriously hear the can opener from a mile away and it is a full on sprint to maul get to me first. This usually results in me chanting, "Let me hear you screeeaaaaam." Then the cats respond with, "MEEEEEOWWWWWW!" Seriously, I'm not making this up. Kris says that Nova actually sounds like a screaming little baby. Maybe I'll treat you to a video one day. No? Okay. 


Their other favorite past-time. Looking out the window and hating me for keeping them inside. However, they can't understand my past. I've had 20+ cats and you know how they all died? Cars. Moving big fast cars. Except for the one and the unfortunate lawn mower incident of 2001. So I'm overprotective. I don't care. No more cats are going to die on my watch. NEVA! (Read that never without the r.) 


Lastly, a photo of the happy family. This shot was not posed in any way. Chuckles was having a rare moment in which he was laying in my lap. Nova, the jealous type, sprinted over and jumped on top of us. I died. (Laughing that is.) Kris grabbed the camera shouldn't camera be spelled camra... it totally just took me three tries to get that right and snapped this shot. Love it! 



Okay, now you love them too. Glad we can be on the same page. 

2 comments:

  1. lol love the cats...er I mean your children

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aside from the obvious "ohmygoshIlovethispostandnowIwantacat!" reaction I just had, my favorite part is the hashtags (the last one in particular)! But seriously, now I really want a cat.

    ReplyDelete